Women’s and Men’s Health Physiotherapy
Women’s & Men’s Health Physiotherapy
We offer the treatment for urogynaecological conditions including:
– urinary incontinence (stress and urge).
– overactive bladder.
– voiding dysfunctions.
– urinary urgency and frequency (day and night).
– pelvic floor muscle trauma post-vaginal delivery (episiotomy and 3rd degree tear).
– bowel dysfunction (faecal urgency and incontinence).
– pelvic organ prolapse.
– vulvodynia, vaginismus (female genital pain).
– dyspareunia (painful intercourse).
– chronic constipation.
– chronic pelvic pain.
– post- surgical rehabilitation (C-section, hysterectomy, prolapse repair, bladder or bowel surgery).
We also offer the treatment of obstetric conditions including the treatment of pregnancy-related musculoskeletal conditions such as:
– pelvic girdle pain.
– lower back pain.
– upper back or neck pain.
– rib pain.
– carpel tunnel syndrome.
– divarification of the Rectus Abdominis muscles (separation of the abdominals).
– incontinence during pregnancy.
– ante natal education including fit for pregnancy and preparation for birth information.
We also run a men’s treatment programme for the treatment of male continence issues such as:
– symptoms post-radical prostatectomy (with consultant referral).
– stress incontinence.
– voiding dysfunction (urgency and incomplete emptying).
– overactive bladder.
– bowel urgency and incontinence.
– constipation and difficulty emptying.
– sexual dysfunction (erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, sexual pain).
– pelvic pain management.
With your consent and cooperation, an individualised treatment programme will commence and follow-up appointments are arranged as appropriate. At all times your rights to confidentiality and dignity will be respected. Sinead is fully trained in pelvic floor muscle assessment and can perform an internal examination if required. She also utilises skills such as manual therapy, biofeedback, acupuncture, dry needling, bladder & bowel retraining and pelvic floor muscle rehabilitation.
Ante and Post-natal Pilates
Individual private Pilates sessions are available on a 1:1 basis and these can be tailored to the client’s specific needs both during and post-pregnancy or for post-surgical rehabilitation.
If you have any further questions or for more information about this specialist service, please do not hesitate to call us on 025 52050 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org